Tuesday 17 February 2015

Interview // Lucchi


A few days ago, we were able to catch up Lucchi who we previously featured with his new track 'Hunger Games' (read the review here).

Mytacism Music: So, what was it that got you into rap? Have you always loved the music or was there a different reason? 


Lucchi: My family were avid listeners of hip-hop, I was exposed to it early. My family always had to have music for everything, cleaning, cooking, reunions, funerals, holidays. Absolutely EVERYTHING. The first song that grabbed me from a production standpoint was pumps and a bump by MC Hammer. When I heard that beat, I started asking questions. I think that's when my love for it was born.


What have been the main influences on both your past and future releases? 

My Life and My Surroundings have always been the influence in my music. That's why I love my cities so much.. S/O Athens, Al and Hall of Fame City, Ohio! That's why I think my music has an original feel to it. I'm really telling stories untold and exactly what I'm going through. If you listen, when I put out freestyles my lyrics sound like journal entries. I feel like I have to document it when I'm going through something.

Is there any artists that you would love to collab with? 

Yea, there are plenty. Honestly too many to name and I'm also interested in writing songs for other artist too.

Do you prefer to write your raps or freestyle? 

It depends on how the beat feels for me. I lean more towards writing though. Freestyling is an art in itself and anybody that's nice with it I salute you, really, those type of cats are Alphas in this hip hop realm to me.

What do you want people to take away after listening to your work? 

Just feelings, I want what I say to touch people. I was taught that if you tap into a person's heart, they won't forget you. If I get you to remember me, I feel like I'm doing my job. I get a new high every time someone can break down my lyrics and take something from it

Where do you hope to be in the future? 

On the road. I'm ready to campaign and do more shows on the road. Majority of the world is suffering from a lack of lucchi4k on their playlist. Lol I'm kidding but that's the mindset I have. I want the world to hear me. 

And finally, what can your fans look forward to in the future? 

Progression.. more bodies of work and visuals to go along with that.
Keep up with Lucchi:
Twitter
Facebook
Soundcloud
Bandcamp

Emily, (@emiemzy)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts