Friday 5 September 2014

King Charles

While at Reading Festival this year I was surrounded by loads of amazing bands that I'd never heard of and so, after kicking myself over not of knowing these bands, I descended on YouTube, armed with a list of new acts to listen to. One of the names on this list was King Charles. 
King Charles is 29 year old singer/songwriter from London who produces joyous tunes filled with energy and emotion. He may appear and sound like an eccentric man but, believe me, his music will pump your veins with so much happiness and pure fun you won't even care. I just can't believe I haven't heard of him before.
His debut album LoveBlood was released in 2012 and features some of my new favourite songs which I can't get out of my head. 
'Bam Bam' is a song featuring beats which seriously get your feet tapping and lyrics which get in your head and force you to shout at the top of your voice when you hear the song for a second time.


Another seriously catchy song from the man of wonder is 'Love Lust'. The beginning of the song is a tune of a piano and his caressing voice, making you feel warm all over. About a minute and half into the song a fuller sound begins when an electric guitar breaks the harmonies and creates a more energetic and happy atmosphere to the song, making it hard to resist listening to.


 The final song I'm going to babble about is 'Mississippi Isabel'. When you listen to the lyrics of the song you begin to feel sorry for him as he describes how Mississippi Isabel resisted his charms but the melodies make the song feel more like a celebration so its hard to feel to sad for him and you just get taken up with the momentum of the song and dance away to it without out even realising (well I did anyway). 


Also, incase you are wondering who Mississippi Isabel is, apparently she was a girl who he met at a gig and became his muse (according to the internet anyway).

Apparently there is also a new album on the way and it will be nice for him and his hair to grace our homes with more upbeat sounds and gentle lyrics. 
(Is that fabulous hair real or not? (I really hope it is))

em, (@emiemzy)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts